The ASSIST Student Leadership Council is a core group of elected students who represent the entire ASSIST student body. Some of the benefits of being an SLC member include:
- Excellent leadership and networking experience
- Service as the bridge between the leadership team and the student body, representing the interests and opinions of the students
- Opportunities to attend leadership meetings and get directly connected to and influence the Center’s vision and goals
SLC officer positions:
- President: Represents SLC at ASSIST leadership meetings; leads meetings and manages SLC responsibilities
- Industry Chair: Promote industry-student relationships through programming such as industry luncheons, career skills workshops, and the annual Industry Activities Board (IAB) meeting. Also ensures that students maintain updated resumes/CV’s available to the ASSIST Industry Liaison Officer.
- Social Chair: Encourages socialization among all ASSIST students as well as between ASSIST Students and faculty, including the coordination of on-site social events and ASSIST Active events.
- Education/Outreach Chair: Aids the ASSIST Education Director to coordinate student volunteers for educational outreach events both on and off-campus. Programs educational skills workshop,and promote events focused on diversity in STEM programming.
- Campus Representatives: Plan events and meetings at each of the partner campuses; represents the interests of the partner campuses at SLC meetings
2017-2018 SLC Officers:
- Michael Wilkins — President
- Viswanath Padmanabhan Ramesh — Industry Chair
- Michael McKnight — Social Chair
- James Reynolds — Education/Outreach Chair